Amazon Ad

Friday, July 09, 2004

Colonel Cuniberti's battleship resembles an armored cruiser more than a battleship

Looking at my drawing, I realized that Colonel Cuniberti's battleship design looked more like an armored cruiser than a battleship. Perhaps it was the four funnels or it might have been the 24 knot speed. The gun layout also resembles a pre-dreadnought armored cruiser, with the wing turrets, with single and twin guns.

I probably need to play with the parameters, to see if I can make some compromises to make my rendering of the design closer to what Colomel Cuniberti intended. I would like to have thicker belt and barbette armor, in particular, while maintaining a good speed. I need to break out my copy of D.K. Brown's book, Warrior to Dreadnought, to get some additional data that might be of help.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links