Amazon Ad

Monday, June 21, 2004

Frank Fox didn't think much of my battlecruisers with four 12inch guns

Frank Fox didn't like my 25,000 ton battlecruisers armed with 4-12inch/45 guns and 9-6in/50 guns. The originally intent was to have 4in side armor and a speed of 32 knots. Frank thought that they should have been smaller and armed with 9.2in guns.

Frank likes the concept of the "cruiser killer", and really likes the American Alaska class large cruisers. I did a series of sketch designs for this sort of ship, and I will write about them at some point.

I can see a use for a 9.2in gun cruiser, but not as the "cruiser killer". I want that to have a larger caliber and displacement. I had done a sketch for the 9.2in gun type, at Frank's urging, but was not happy with what I had.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links