Amazon Ad

Friday, June 18, 2004

A new forum for naval history and gaming in the 1902-1927 period

I have kept finding that I would like to be writing about the dreadnought period, prior to the rise of naval aviation. I want to write about the ships and people, and about "what if" ship design. I have been very fortunate to have Frank Fox as an advisor on doing "general design" of warships. I also greatly admire David K. Brown, the retired naval constructor and author.

I have been engaged in the study of this period since I was a teenager and have been involved in sketch ship designs since shortly after I entered the navy "way back". You may have seen some of my drawings from that work at kentishknock.com. I still like my very fast dreadnought cruisers (read battlecruisers) that were originally designed in early 1971 for a naval wargame campaign (thumbnails for battleship and ultra-fast battlecruisers).

I had hoped, during a design refinement in 1973, to be able to achieve over 40 knots, but the reality is that skin friction keeps that from being doable.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links