Amazon Ad

Friday, December 31, 2004

I ran my big US destroyer design

I entered the initial values into a spec for my 2400 ton destroyer. I ran the program, and then drew a drawing. I tweaked the values based on my drawing and then reran the program. The normal range is 5110 nm at 15 knots and the maximum range is 10586nm, also at 15 knots. The metacentric height is very acceptable. At normal load, it is 3.3ft and and deep load is 5ft. The normal fuel load is 420 tons with an additional 450 tons at deep load. My design is flush decked with two funnels. There are two twin 5.1in/50 turrets forward and one twin turret aft. There are two quintuple torpedo tube mountings astern, but on top of the superstructure. My stability figures really do not account for those weights, but the stability situation is good enough that it should not be a problem.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links