Amazon Ad

Sunday, December 19, 2004

The very large battleship design

I found out that the very large battleship, at higher speeds had a Reynolds number on the order of 5.6x10^9. My Schoenherr table, before this morning, only had values up to 4.999x10^9. I extended the table, and that solved the problem I was seeing last night. I had to turn on some printing so that I could see what was happening and what I needed to do to fix the problem. For Reynolds numbers above 5.0x10^9, the frictional resistance ended up as zero.

I can see now how I can improve the modeling of superstructure, so that I can get better stability calculation results. I also need to account for the heavy rangefinder and main battery fire control director mounted very high on a tower mast.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links