Amazon Ad

Sunday, December 12, 2004

My friend's GB/DL/1905 design

My friend Cliff conceived of a family of destroyer-type ships that would fill the role of both light cruisers and destroyers. The 1905 DL type was 1,200 tons with a speed of 35 knots. The armament was strange, in that the guns he specified were 4-88mm/50 QF. He also specified 2-21in torpedo tubes, although I don't believe that anyone had a 21in torpedo in service at that date. The coefficients were Cp=0.56 and Cm=0.85. The dimensions were 326ft x 30ft x 9ft. The design incorporated superfiring guns, fore and aft. There were three funnels, with two low and the first funnel raised. There was the usual raised forecastle. When I try to run my program, I am having a problem with the design being overweight. I will need to look at what could be done to solve the problem.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links