Amazon Ad

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Frank Fox really likes "cruiser killers"

The American Alaska Class battlecruisers are one of Frank Fox's favorite ship types. I had sent him a copy of my design for a 1921-style armored cruiser. One version had 9-10in/50 guns, and 8in side armor. In 2001 and 2002, I did a series of new ship designs that included power calculations. Alas, the Excel spreadsheets were all lost when I had a hard disk go out in October 2002, so that work is almost all lost. thankfully, I have the pencil drawings that include some of the specifications. I am looking at those, and still like the "look". I had even made some planview wargame pieces, at 1:2400 scale. I have some of those, but the softcopy is gone. I may post some of the drawings, as they still seem to be noteworthy.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links