Amazon Ad

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My first attempt at a photograph of a GB/PG/1914 fast gunboat

I have to give thanks to Mike at World War 2 Cruiser Operations for his fine site, with an amazing collection of photos. The photoart for the GB/PG/1914 fast gunboat at high speed is one of several that started with a picture from his site, and then I did a lot of drawing with MS Paint and Gimp (the Gnu Image Manipulation Program). The latter is an amazing free graphics tool that I increasingly rely upon. Anyway, this is my current version of a GB/PG/1914 gunboat. As I flesh things out, I intend to assign names to go with all the destroyer types that only have "hull numbers". This is a 275ft long ship (on the waterline) that carries 3-5in/50 QF guns and can make 36 knots:

No comments:

Amazon Context Links