Amazon Ad

Saturday, September 25, 2004

I find that I need to add more residual resistance data

I find that I am getting some inaccuracies in my power calculation program, seemingly caused by needing data for intermediate speed-length ratios (such as 0.25, 0.75, 1.25, 1.75, 2.25, and 2.75). Without out these points, I am getting results at higher displacement-length ratios that are to large. Even the Dreadnought comes in about 27,000 SHP to reach 21 knots instead of 23,000 SHP. At higher speeds, the difference is more pronounced. The Invincible class battlecruisers have a jump up in power to reach 25 knots that is unrealistic, but which I believe is caused by the fact the the DLR is about 97.5 (higher than anything that I had tested, to date). On the other hand, a Chatham class light cruiser came in about right: 25,000 SHP to reach 25 knots.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links