Amazon Ad

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I rediscovered how to compute a ship's range, using Frank Fox's system

I had a spreadsheet design that I had built, with help from Frank Fox, to do range computations, taking into account turbine generator fuel usage. In the fall of 2002, I had a hard disk crash which wiped out all electronic versions of the spreadsheet. As I am getting back into the design process, I wanted to include range calculations. I had put down my program to do power calculations using David Taylor's The Speed and Power of Ships approach that I learned from Frank Fox. I am ready to pick up where I had left off, and push towards making it usable. The program is an important component, as it will be a critical timesaver in the design process. Essentially "one button" spped and power calculations are then possible. I had done a lot of the work, when I converted graphical data into Excel spreadsheets, extrapolating from what is in The Speed and Power of Ships.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links