Amazon Ad

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I have gotten my program for calculating power curves working

I found the bug that had been keeping my program for calculating power curves for ships from working. Typically, it was a typographical error (a misspelling). Now, the primary issue remaining is to get good residual resistance tables for higher values of speed-length ratio, prismatic coefficient, and displacement-length ratio. Even simplified as much as I have, the values for more moderate speed-length ratios gives reasonable answers. As I had suspected, by residual resistance values for larger coefficients seem to be too high. What Frank Fox had suggested to me is that the main obstacle to very high speed is frictional resistance, not residual resistance (wavemaking).

No comments:

Amazon Context Links