Amazon Ad

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Port Arthur map

In responce to a message on the NavWarGames Yahoo group, I looked in various Jane's, including the 1914 and 1919. They have the same map, on a 2000yd grid, with elevations in feet. I thought it would be worth looking in my 1903 All the World's Fighting Ships (Fred T. Jane) to see was there. I don't expect there are too many copies of this work "running around". The Russian section has a small map of Kronstadt that shows the harbor layout and water depths. There is also a nice map of Vladivostok. It only has a rudimentary map of Port Arthur, although it does point out the forts. I would thing that this small snippet is pretty accurate. The map that appears in the 1914 and 1919 Jane's replaces this one, although it might be instructive to compare the two.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links