Amazon Ad

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Converting ship pictures from perspective to side and deck views

I have long thought that there should be a mechanical way to transform perspective pictures, such as photographs, into orthogonal drawings, such that you have front, side, and top views. There will necessarily be missing information, which I would be able to fill in, if only by guesswork. That would still be superior to not having anything. I am interested in making drawings of the very large US ships that I have been designing with Springsharp and producing photoart. I like the GIF drawings that I have done, as they are small, yet detailed. They have the issue that they don't scale, as GIFs. They have to be converted to JPEG format to scale while maintaining lines.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links