Amazon Ad

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I'm calibrating my program against the Queen Elizabeth class (1912)

I realized that to get weights and stability as close to being correct as possible, considering that I am just doing "back of the envelope calculations" anyway, I needed to calibrate my program against a real ship design. I chose the Queen Elizabeth class, as that seems like a good example, and the "Spring Style" program seemed to fail with it (perhaps I was using the wrong inputs). One thing I noticed is that I need to include the protection for the armament, as well as ammunition, into the armament weight group, and remove it from the armor weight group. I don't think that I need to alter my stability calculations, but I do need to alter the weights.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links