Amazon Ad

Friday, October 01, 2004

I've started my program for doing general design of warships

I have started work on a program to do general design of warships. I have a list of things that I would like to have in my program: Hull weights (don't limit weights to what is available):
  1. be able to calculate the weight of a hull that is strong enough, but lightly built
  2. be able to calculate a hull weight that is of typical strength and weight
  3. be able to calculate a hull weight that is stronger than needed
  4. be able to deal with destroyer and scout cruiser hulls

Armament:

  1. specify gun characteristics
  2. specify gun mounting

Armor:

  1. allow for two armor decks
  2. allow for funnel base armor
  3. allow for guns to be in turrets, casemates, batteries, open mounts, "en barbette", single mountings with shields

Speed:

  1. use my power curve calculations based on The Speed and Power of Ships
  2. use electrical load in calculating cruising range

This is a start on the specifications. I will be augmenting and modifying this list, as I proceed on my implementation

No comments:

Amazon Context Links