Amazon Ad

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The original concept for the GB/CB/1905 battlecruisers

My friend Cliff's idea was to use the GB/CB/1905 ships and their successors as a fast wing to operate against the ends of the enemy's battle line. Frank Fox's idea is that you would use ships like these as "cruiser killers". That is because he really does not approve of using lightly armoured capital ships in combat against other capital ships. Oddly enough, Springsharp gives them pretty good survivability. I am not sure how accurate it is, but I like how well these ships do in the assessment of Springsharp. I copied the GB/CB/1905 design for one less-capable ship, the sole Ger/CB/1905 ship. I pretty much wasted my time, as I did not believe in the type. More to my liking were the Ger/CB/1906 ships and the follow-on to them. You can easily find these by going back in time on this blog.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links