Amazon Ad

Sunday, February 06, 2005

OK, so the scale is actually 2pixels to the foot

I see that my actual drawing scale is two pixels to the foot, for my GIF drawings. I am currently working on a drawing for my German Ger/DD/1905 design. I am starting, as Frank Fox advocates, with an inboard profile, so that I know that I have the internal layout correctly depicted. Do an inboard profile, as Frank says you should do first, regardless if you are drawing an early 20th Century Dreadnought or a 17th Century sailing warship. That assures that decks are the right height and that ports and so one are placed reasonably. Otherwise, you run into what most of the artists on the Springsharp forums, do: they just draw, and disregard the internal layout (seemingly).

No comments:

Amazon Context Links