Amazon Ad

Sunday, November 20, 2005

My 1976-era alternate history

Starting in early 1976, I did a series of drawings, with specifications, for an alternate history naval building race and the start of a war. I have not been able to find the drawings, but I am holding out hope that it might still exist in storage. The scenario started from 1905 and continued up through 1914. I actually continued filling in gaps and continuing the timeline into the latter 1970's. The focus was on a competition between Great Britain and Japan. They both were building fleets with dreadnought battleships, medium caliber-armed armoured cruisers, light cruisers, destroyers, submarines, and eventually, aviation (I believe). I also had fleets for the neutral nations, which included the United States and Germany. The United States had one particularly nice light cruiser design from somewhere in the 1912-1914 timeframe, armed with 5in QF guns and torpedo tubes. On the outbreak of war, the action took place in the seas around Indonesia and the Philippines.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links