Amazon Ad

Monday, January 10, 2005

I will be interested to compare results between my program and Springsharp

Springsharp is really a good contribution to those who would like to design their own warships. Springstyle was a valiant attempt, but had many shortcomings. For example, I couldn't make the Queen Elizabeth class battleships work, using their specifications. That was partly the motivation for me to add my own warship general design code on top of my power calculation code. I was also determined to be able to specify my own values for as much as possible, while keeping some automatic calculations of a few things. I had found the Springstyle approach where the hull structure was reduced, rather than changing the draft or displacement, when adding features. Now that I have a good deal of data, I am curious as to the differences between my results and the Springsharp results. (Springstyle seems to be not as easy to find, if it is still available).

No comments:

Amazon Context Links