Amazon Ad

Friday, January 14, 2005

What seems to work well for warship design with Springsharp

A large warship with a good deal of length, considerable freeboard, not too high speed, moderate guns and armor, and a not too great a displacement for the dimensions will produce a ship that has good seakeeping abilities. If you hit things just right, you might even not have too light a structure. My Ger/CB/1905 design, as I presented it yesterday evening, is a good example. My original intent was for a 19,000 ton normal displacement. That was just too light for Springsharp. I was able to use everything from my original specifications (or at least the 1973 version of them). The only thing that I had to do was let the displacement grow. The standard displacement is still pretty well in line with what I had hoped.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links