Amazon Ad

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Warship Project discussion forum

The Springsharp site has a discussion board about warship design. They also have an alternate world game project, which includes using new warship designs. I am interested in the subject, so I registered for the discussion forum. There are some members who are quite good a producing ship drawings using graphic editing. There is definitely a great deal of enthusiasm among participants, even those whose drawings are more diagrammatic than realistic. My one criticism might be that they would benefit from doing inboard profiles and internal layouts before doing the outboard profile. Frank Fox, noted all-around naval history and history of warship design guru (which is not widely known), has told me that I should not do an outboard profile without having done an inboard profile first. That applies to ships from the 16th and 17th Centuries as well as to ships in the period from 19o3-1945. I would highly recommend registering so that you can read the forum, if you are interested in designing your own warships. I would also recommend downloading the Springsharp program, as I am not at liberty to distribute my program.

No comments:

Amazon Context Links